Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: James Clark on November 02, 2021, 02:17:37 pm

Title: Mist on Muir Beach Cliffs, San Francisco Bay Area
Post by: James Clark on November 02, 2021, 02:17:37 pm
Bright, hazy mid day light can still make for a good image if the colors are right.

Title: Re: Mist on Muir Beach Cliffs, San Francisco Bay Area
Post by: francois on November 03, 2021, 12:59:42 pm
I like it a lot with this (almost) monochrome look.
Title: Re: Mist on Muir Beach Cliffs, San Francisco Bay Area
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 03, 2021, 01:21:19 pm
Very effective. I agree with Francois.
Title: Re: Mist on Muir Beach Cliffs, San Francisco Bay Area
Post by: James Clark on November 04, 2021, 11:32:50 am
Appreciate the compliments.  It's always rewarding to end up with something decent when the light is objectively "bad."  I did try a full BW conversion, but there just wasn't enough contrast to make it work.
Title: Re: Mist on Muir Beach Cliffs, San Francisco Bay Area
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 08, 2021, 04:00:56 am
Looks like a slide from the 1960's, I like it.
Title: Re: Mist on Muir Beach Cliffs, San Francisco Bay Area
Post by: James Clark on November 09, 2021, 11:07:37 am
Looks like a slide from the 1960's, I like it.

You're right - It does sort of have a vintage feel.  To me, that whole area of coastal CA seems like a sort of timeless bit of Americana and if I look back at my catalogue, I bet several of my images from that part of the world end up with a bit of this look.