Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on October 25, 2021, 03:09:36 pm

Title: macOS Monterey
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 25, 2021, 03:09:36 pm
So far everything seems to play fine. I hope there are no hiccups with Photoshop CC 2022, which should start hitting the download servers in the next few hours.
Title: Re: macOS Monterey
Post by: digitaldog on October 25, 2021, 10:10:33 pm
Upgraded today, no issues either with either Lightroom Classic or Photoshop. In fact no issue thus far with any software I've tested.
Now of course, this is hardly a through test of any single let alone multiple Adobe product. But thus far, all is fine.
OS X 12 seems a bit faster overall, but maybe that's just a non scientific observation.   
Title: Re: macOS Monterey
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 26, 2021, 10:42:45 am
The updates to the new Photoshop CC 2022 (with accompanying updates to Bridge and Camera RAW) and Lightroom Classic went smoothly in macOS Monterey. A couple of niggles may be of interest to folks here -

1) I work out of Adobe Bridge ACR before passing the file onto PS. The Colour Space was reset to Adobe RGB and Bit Depth to 8. I had to go in and change them back to ProPhoto and 16.
2) The plugin from FocusMagic did not transfer. I had to copy and paste into the new Plugin Folger.

If you are using custom Scripts, you will most likely have to copy them into the new folders.
Title: Re: macOS Monterey
Post by: picman on November 02, 2021, 08:17:10 am
MacInTouch is reporting bricking of some older Macs and memory leak issues.
https://www.macintouch.com
Title: Re: macOS Monterey
Post by: mdijb on November 04, 2021, 10:31:03 am
I installed Monterey on my mac and then installed LR 11.  All of my saved user presets dissappeared.

BEWARE!

MDIJB
Title: Re: macOS Monterey
Post by: digitaldog on November 04, 2021, 10:55:48 am
I installed Monterey on my mac and then installed LR 11.  All of my saved user presets dissappeared.

BEWARE!

MDIJB
Zero problems on this end. Always have my preference set to “store with Catalog”.
Title: Re: macOS Monterey
Post by: julianv on November 04, 2021, 08:24:21 pm
I'm not seeing any problems with Capture One 21, running on Monterey 12.0.1, Macbook Pro M1 Max. But I am experiencing frequent kernel panics when viewing 4K HDR videos on YouTube. This issue has been reported by other users in a thread on a MacRumors forum (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/14-mbp-kernel-crash.2319799/).

It appears to be a serious memory leak.

I know what you're thinking: "Why are you wasting your time watching those demo videos, if it causes your computer to crash?" Can't help myself. On this mini-LED screen, they look so nice.