Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: rgs on October 23, 2021, 10:05:59 am
-
The purple Prairie Astor is the last wildflower of the summer. It blooms as the rest of the world begins to put on fall colors. This year our wildflower garden surprised us with a very healthy Prairie Astor plant which was visited by an American Lady butterfly. You never know what might spring up in a wildflower garden!
-
Lovely.
My pick is the first one.
-
I agree with Eric. The first one is quite striking.
-
#1 is just terrific in every way !
-
I'm falling in love with the first one!
-
Yes it the first one for me also, as the contrast of colours across the shot, is just so pleasing to look at and work so well together - excellent.
And (this is not a nitpick btw) but I would be sorely tempted to clone a flower in behind the butterfly on the left to fill that gap, but that might be a cheat too far to keep it "real" for you, but none the less, I would still have to do it to see what it looked like, with another flower or two filling that area of the shot.
Great shot.
Dave
-
And (this is not a nitpick btw) but I would be sorely tempted to clone a flower in behind the butterfly on the left to fill that gap, but that might be a cheat too far to keep it "real" for you, but none the less, I would still have to do it to see what it looked like, with another flower or two filling that area of the shot.
So plant another flower or two now, and wait for next year. ;)
-
So plant another flower or two now, and wait for next year. ;)
Years ago I shot a story on wildflower gardens for Oklahoma Today magazine. Everyplace I photographed sent me home with seeds. My wife loved it so now we have a wildflower garden each year and one of the joys is not knowing what to expect each year.
-
That sounds great!
-
Wonderful.