Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 13, 2021, 11:13:08 am

Title: The road home
Post by: MattBurt on October 13, 2021, 11:13:08 am
I love cruising these old mining roads, stopping for interesting scenes like this.
The sun was hitting the trees and making the snow fall from them through the light in front of the shadow area. Irresistible!

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51582408902_c86d30c3ea_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2mAak4C)
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: John R on October 13, 2021, 03:17:18 pm
I love cruising these old mining roads, stopping for interesting scenes like this.
The sun was hitting the trees and making the snow fall from them through the light in front of the shadow area. Irresistible!
Wonderful. Who could resist that. But tell the truth, you have long arms and shook the tree, right ;)
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: MattBurt on October 13, 2021, 03:51:26 pm
Wonderful. Who could resist that. But tell the truth, you have long arms and shook the tree, right ;)

Thanks!
I had my trained monkey do it!  8)
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 13, 2021, 05:20:16 pm
Good shot. I hope you paid the monkey well.
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: John R on October 14, 2021, 12:27:59 am
Good shot. I hope you paid the monkey well.
I have figured it out. The answer is much more mundane. Matt simply tied ropes to the tree branches and gave a Luna a signal to pull when he was ready. Very clever ::)

JR
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: francois on October 14, 2021, 09:09:53 am
Thanks!
I had my trained monkey do it!  8)
Wonderful shot…

It's well known that every experienced photographer has a monkey in his backpack  ;D
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: kers on October 15, 2021, 04:15:11 am
Sun and snow together - in Amsterdam i had it only once - last year.
beautiful!
Title: Re: The road home
Post by: Bob_B on October 15, 2021, 06:43:03 am
+1!