Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: William Chitham on October 01, 2021, 11:22:44 am
-
After going several years without updating drivers or firmware a rash of glitches prompted me to install the "V4" driver for my old Z. I didn't like the new interface one bit but it solved various problems including enabling me to print from Photoshop for the first time in years. However, I usually print through Qimage and suddenly that no longer speaks to the V4 driver - summoning printer properties only brings up a basic windows interface. So today I decided on a clean sweep - uninstalled everything and downloaded the latest "Driver Pack" which contains a PCL driver plus various utilities; the manual install PCL driver and the PS driver. First I installed the Driver Pack which installed the V4 driver but it still doesn't work properly with Qimage. Then I installed the PS driver which does seem to work with Qimage but doesn't seem able to retrieve paper info from the printer. Then I tried to install the PCL driver manually but discovered that it is the V4 driver. So is anyone successfully using this driver with Qimage or is it best to go back to an older PCL driver? Do I need to update firmware - I'm on TR12-RB_14.0.0.2, I see the latest is TR12-RB_16_00_00-1.
Thanks, William.
-
I used this to resolve our Designjet problems, "win-x64-pcl3-drv"
Regards.
-
Firmware update is recommended, but will not solve your driver issues. If you want (and I am sure you do) the paper sync option you will need to use a V3 driver.
Im using 61.183.21507.100 where all features work and Qimage prints happily. I believe this version came with Windows.
regards
Gernot
-
Mike Chaney wrote again and again that HP does not comply to Window's rules on printer driver structures. By that Qimage Ultimate does not have a flawless interaction with the HP Z3200 drivers. Often to avoid issues I reset the Z3200 driver to its default with the Shift keyboard button + clicking Properties in Qimage's menu and then change whatever is needed in the Z3200 printer driver settings. On my request Mike added that short cut in the 2019.105 version. This will not affect QU menu settings that are not directly driver related. The printer driver default you want to have for that purpose can be created in Preferences of the printer driver, I also added a very large print page size there so already loaded images in QU will not be nested in odd ways due to a too small print page or that a warning appears to scale them for fitting. Any change in print page size, landscape/portrait, media choice, print resolution I do within the Properties menu and not in QU as it is unreliable.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla
https://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken