Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Josh-H on September 29, 2021, 01:49:50 am

Title: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: Josh-H on September 29, 2021, 01:49:50 am
The Canon Pro1000 is a sheet feed printer only according to canon. However, you can print panos with it if you use 17" roll paper and cut it to whatever size you want. Tested it today and made a 15 x 40 inch pano. Just have to make sure the paper is completely flat to avoid head strikes.
Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: David Eckels on September 29, 2021, 10:22:09 am
Thanks, Josh, this is very useful info! QImage or right out of LR? Custom page size of 15x70?
Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: Josh-H on September 29, 2021, 06:49:35 pm
Thanks, Josh, this is very useful info! QImage or right out of LR? Custom page size of 15x70?

Havent tried QImage or LR, but printed from PS with custom paper size of 17 x 40
Cheers
Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: aaron125 on October 10, 2021, 07:30:18 am
A little while ago, a firmware update had listed as one of the changes, a massive increase in the maximum printable length for the Pro-1000. From memory I think it’s something like 1200mm or about 46”. Of course, one needs to create a custom paper size to make use of the ability to print documents with a length > 25”.
Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: Josh-H on October 11, 2021, 02:12:37 pm
The other problem I have discovered.. its a nightmare to cut roll paper and get it to sit flat before you print to avoid head strikes... you need to cut the paper... rest it flat for a few days under books before making a print... PITA.
Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: dgberg on October 11, 2021, 02:41:24 pm
Have you tried D&K print de roller. We have one and it works great. Quite expensive but does the trick. Un roll a couple of feet.
Cut it off with a Rotatrim, take the curl out with the de roller and print. I timed the whole process once I believe it took around 4 minutes from unrolling to insertion in the printer.
What I do not like is all that paper handling. It does not take much to get the dreaded crink.
With this method you are limited to the length of the de roller, I think a little over 3 feet.

Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: Richard.Wills on October 11, 2021, 03:43:20 pm
I have a roll (300'x24") of highly calendared craft paper that I use for decurling (either finished prints or on the odd time when I need to use tail end of a curly roll). Roll hcc paper down bench, put curly print paper in face up, re-roll hccp. The roll probably weighs 10KG. decurls Prestige Baryta in around one minute. For really objectionable papers, you can tag the leading edge of the roll under the weight of the hccp, so the wrangling process starts with the roll caught in the nip.

This however doesn't seem to work for Canson Premium Lustre 310. Last 10m of the roll prints fine (on a roll fed printer) but never seems to lose the curl. So I wouldn't suggest a heavy RC paper being trimmed for a Pro1000...
Title: Re: Canon Pro1000 and Roll Paper Tip for Pano images.
Post by: surfox on November 30, 2021, 10:00:00 am
Havent tried QImage or LR, but printed from PS with custom paper size of 17 x 70
Cheers

Hi,

I tried the same with my Pro 1000 but when specifying custom paper size in the printer driver I'm limited to 47,24" or 1200mm. How do you accomplish 70 inch?