Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: sf on September 28, 2021, 07:24:28 am

Title: rose
Post by: sf on September 28, 2021, 07:24:28 am
In the garden.

S
Title: Re: rose
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 28, 2021, 12:10:07 pm
That is a beauty! The water droplets are just excellent.
Title: Re: rose
Post by: David Eckels on September 28, 2021, 12:41:04 pm
That is a beauty! The water droplets are just excellent.
Indeed
Title: Re: rose
Post by: MattBurt on September 28, 2021, 04:44:08 pm
The drops are very nice but the closest/biggest ones look like they are out of focus. I think having them in focus would be a big improvement.
Also not a fan of the heavy vignette but that is maybe just a matter of taste.
Title: Re: rose
Post by: francois on September 29, 2021, 07:23:12 am
I'm siding with Matt on this shot. So, I really like it a lot but with a little more work, it could have been closer to perfection.
Anyway, bravo!
Title: Re: rose
Post by: Bob_B on September 29, 2021, 07:29:02 am
+1; I agree with MattBurt's assessment of the OOF drops.
Title: Re: rose
Post by: sf on September 30, 2021, 02:11:41 pm
Thanks to all. I rather liked the shallow DoF but I can see it might not be to everyone's taste.

I'll run the shot through Sharpen AI, out of curiosity.

S