Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ron ritcher on December 31, 2006, 12:00:15 am

Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: ron ritcher on December 31, 2006, 12:00:15 am
I'm taking the 3800 plunge, and wonder what to do with my  perfectly serviceable 2200.  I belong to both golf and audio forums, each with "swap areas," so if my printer were a Taylor Made driver, I'd have it sold in a hearbeat.  Where to go???  Thanks in advance for helping!

--Ron
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: Paul Sumi on December 31, 2006, 12:06:05 am
Quote
I'm taking the 3800 plunge, and wonder what to do with my  perfectly serviceable 2200.  I belong to both golf and audio forums, each with "swap areas," so if my printer were a Taylor Made driver, I'd have it sold in a hearbeat.  Where to go???  Thanks in advance for helping!

--Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're in the U.S., Fred Miranda's site has a very active buy and sell section.

Paul
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: eronald on December 31, 2006, 06:16:39 am
Quote
If you're in the U.S., Fred Miranda's site has a very active buy and sell section.

Paul
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92993\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


I usually sell (or give) my surplus printers to my friends. Some are quite happy to acquire a wider format even if it's not the latest generation. I think if it's marked down suitably an ad at the local supermarket shoudl sell it too, and without any packing/transport/payment hassle.

Edmund
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: Chris_Brown on December 31, 2006, 07:40:58 am
Quote
I'm taking the 3800 plunge, and wonder what to do with my  perfectly serviceable 2200.  I belong to both golf and audio forums, each with "swap areas," so if my printer were a Taylor Made driver, I'd have it sold in a hearbeat.  Where to go???  Thanks in advance for helping![{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=92992\")

[a href=\"http://www.ebay.com/]eBay![/url]
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: Paul Sumi on December 31, 2006, 10:18:51 am
Another option is to donate your printer to a charitable or non-profit organization.  I've done this with my older (but not obsolete) technology like computers and printers.

Paul
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: jjlphoto on December 31, 2006, 10:26:27 am
I have had the best success with Fred Miranda and eBay. (PayPal Verified buyers only).
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: ron ritcher on December 31, 2006, 09:25:40 pm
Quote
I have had the best success with Fred Miranda and eBay. (PayPal Verified buyers only).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93029\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


THANKS to all who responded . . . much good food for thought!

--Ron
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: AlanS on January 01, 2007, 06:53:45 pm
Quote
I'm taking the 3800 plunge, and wonder what to do with my  perfectly serviceable 2200.  I belong to both golf and audio forums, each with "swap areas," so if my printer were a Taylor Made driver, I'd have it sold in a hearbeat.  Where to go???  Thanks in advance for helping!

--Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=92992\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You might also consider keeping it since i have seen them price out on FM for $200; (EBAY is a different reality). The printer delivers great printers on velvet paper so i can minimize ink switching on the 3800. Just make sure you run a nozzle check weekly so it does not sit unused for long periods of time.
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: eronald on January 02, 2007, 07:58:38 am
Quote
You might also consider keeping it since i have seen them price out on FM for $200; (EBAY is a different reality). The printer delivers great printers on velvet paper so i can minimize ink switching on the 3800. Just make sure you run a nozzle check weekly so it does not sit unused for long periods of time.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you want to use the 2200 for B&W Quadtone RIP does a good job (uncrippled shareware, $50).
Frankly, every time I sold a printer I've regretted it, I only sell them because of the space.

Edmund
Title: Where to Sell My 2200???
Post by: jjlphoto on January 02, 2007, 10:05:15 am
Quote
If you want to use the 2200 for B&W Quadtone RIP does a good job (uncrippled shareware, $50).
Frankly, every time I sold a printer I've regretted it, I only sell them because of the space.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93260\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How true-

I sold two Epson 1120's, the best BW printer made IMO. I really like my 3800, but still have my 1280 on the top shelf as back-up. I plan to sell it, hopefully my sellers remorse will finally stop.