Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on September 18, 2021, 12:01:41 pm

Title: Beauty Passing
Post by: David Eckels on September 18, 2021, 12:01:41 pm
An experiment to be sure. Interested in C&C of all types. Thanks in advance!
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 18, 2021, 12:54:58 pm
I find it poignant and effective.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: Bob_B on September 19, 2021, 07:02:40 am
I like it too. May I suggest muting the background a bit more: less contrast, more blur. Not a lot, just a bit to soften it?
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: francois on September 21, 2021, 05:41:33 am
Yes, this shot is touching… this is the last flash before the end but beauty is still there.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: David Eckels on September 23, 2021, 03:27:29 pm
I reworked this according to Bob's suggestions. I agree, having let it "sit" for a while.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 23, 2021, 07:09:04 pm
Yes, I think you nailed it now.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: David Eckels on September 23, 2021, 09:14:35 pm
Thanks, Eric.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: francois on September 25, 2021, 08:37:15 am
Yes, I think you nailed it now.

Agreed, it even better…
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: David Eckels on September 25, 2021, 09:15:14 am
Very helpful, thanks Francois for your comments.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: MattBurt on October 15, 2021, 11:52:23 am
Nice. The rework is my preference.
Title: Re: Beauty Passing
Post by: David Eckels on October 15, 2021, 12:03:02 pm
Thanks, Matt.