Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: tonysiciliano1 on September 11, 2021, 01:09:20 pm
-
I have a 2013 MacPro (OS 11.5) with the most current LR. My photos live on an external spinning drive connected by USB 3. I have a new SSD and have cloned the old HDD to the new SSD and want to get rid of the old drive. What is the easiest way to set this up in LR?
-
Launch LR and the catalog on the NEW drive. In Library, go to the older driver, click on the top (root) folder (see example below), use the Contextual Menu and select "Synchronize Folder"
-
I think that you should not have to do anything. If you have cloned the old drive, the new drive should behave identically and should find/see/use the existing external drive as long as Lightroom was using it previously.
-
I’ve just done this. If you clone the drive and then make sure it is named exactly the same then there is nothing else to do.
-
Thanks for the advice. I just changed the name as suggested and all is well.