Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on September 06, 2021, 09:18:30 am

Title: Old Flour Mill
Post by: Bob_B on September 06, 2021, 09:18:30 am
The old Wilkins-Rogers Flour Mill is technically in Oella, MD, which is the village south of Old Ellicott City, Maryland (US). The mill shut down in 2019 ending nearly two centuries of milling in and around Ellicott City. I have heard talk about repurposing the mill into residential apartments, an art space, or mixed retail space, or some combination of those. Whatever happens, I hope this interesting structure stays intact, as it is lovely to photograph.

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed, and thank you for viewing.
Title: Re: Old Flour Mill
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 06, 2021, 12:10:18 pm
Very fine.
I do hope that great building can be repurposed while keeping the essentials of the exterior.
Title: Re: Old Flour Mill
Post by: John R on September 06, 2021, 01:10:33 pm
Grittiness for the grist mill. Nice.

JR
Title: Re: Old Flour Mill
Post by: Bob_B on September 06, 2021, 05:21:18 pm
Eric and John R: Thanks
Title: Re: Old Flour Mill
Post by: francois on September 08, 2021, 06:46:38 am
Very nice (subject, composition and processing) and I hope they can transform it as a pleasant place.

Around where I live , a very similar building was "decommissioned" and a few years later, repurposed as a residential building. The location was great and the vista was breath-taking but a highly trafficked road and an important railroad line proved to be too much and finally, the whole building was brought down…
Title: Re: Old Flour Mill
Post by: Bob_B on September 08, 2021, 06:59:47 am
Hi francois: I'm sorry to hear about the fate of your community's building. Sadly, that happens all too often. I guess some call it progress.