Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Lighting => Topic started by: imagetone on September 03, 2021, 11:05:02 am
-
I am wondering if anyone who is familiar with using the Broncolor Picolite/Mobilite with the Fresnel or Spot Projection accessories for Picolite is able give me any idea of roughly how big the spots are at distances of 1.0-1.5m (3-5ft) for
- a sharply focused spot from the Picolite spot projector without any aperture masks
- the bright central area of the Fresnel spot when its at its its narrowest angle
Thanks
-
Broncolor did two webinars on the Picolite. The last one was last night.
Register here and see if you can find the replays
https://lp.broncolor.swiss/webinars
-
I only have two Fresnels. The range of flood spot is okay, although since it is such a small source it does not act as a large Fresnel such as a Flooter.
I recently bought a Godox SA 17 projector that comes with a 85mm lens. At 2 m the minimum spot is around .75m yet with an Iris you can narrow that. I use the S2 Godox mount with a Picolite mounted in the center so that the projector mounts in the Bowens S mount.
Easy enough to do.
The efficiency of Godox projectors though is dismal so you have to push a lot of power through, obviously with the modeling light off.