Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: PeterAit on September 02, 2021, 10:49:31 am

Title: Approaching people for photos
Post by: PeterAit on September 02, 2021, 10:49:31 am
As I sit here, there are two workers completing the final touches on some outside home renovations. They are older guys, Latino I believe, and they have very interesting faces. I would love to photograph them but how do I do that? I won't just sneak photos, so I have to ask. But as their indirect employer they may feel pressure to oblige. Offer a tip? I am at a loss.
Title: Re: Approaching people for photos
Post by: Alan Klein on September 02, 2021, 11:25:29 am
Tell them you're going to take record pictures of the construction.  You don't need their approval.  It's your house they're working in.   On the other hand, if you're just taking their faces, ask them if they would mind?  PS: What are you going to do with the photos?
Title: Re: Approaching people for photos
Post by: degrub on September 02, 2021, 11:54:08 am
tell them you like their work and would like to take their picture with it. Offer them a copy of the print for their use as well.