Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: rgs on August 31, 2021, 08:43:28 pm

Title: Pearl Crescent
Post by: rgs on August 31, 2021, 08:43:28 pm
While this is not, technically, a landscape, I hope you will bear with me. Many years ago I shot a wildflower garden story for Oklahoma Today magazine. Every place I photographed gave me seeds so my wife - a superb gardener - started a wildflower garden. When we moved, the wildflowers went with us and they attract lots of little ones in the summer. Here is one - the tiny Pearl Crescent. It's only an inch or so long but it is a beauty and this one visited today. A rule of wildlife photography is not to backlight the critter but they say rules are made to be broken and the backlight here makes the little one glow. Hope you like them.
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: Arlen on August 31, 2021, 09:07:08 pm
I do like them, they are lovely. My favorite is the last one.
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: Bob_B on September 01, 2021, 06:49:58 am
I like them as well. The first is my choice.
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: francois on September 01, 2021, 07:29:04 am
Great composition and colors. I have yet to find a favorite, though.
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 01, 2021, 11:41:27 am
They are all quite excellent.
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: David Eckels on September 01, 2021, 04:28:21 pm
Beautiful, Richard!
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: Chris Kern on September 01, 2021, 07:10:46 pm
I'm not a fan of foregrounds that are out-of-focus, so I definitely prefer the second and third images.

Personally, I'd probably crop them both more tightly, but that's a quibble.
Title: Re: Pearl Crescent
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 03, 2021, 11:39:11 am
Love the third one...great little flutterby