Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on August 30, 2021, 11:27:11 am

Title: Closeup of wall
Post by: PeterAit on August 30, 2021, 11:27:11 am
Taken somewhere in Iceland, not that it matters!
Title: Re: Closeup of wall
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 30, 2021, 12:30:11 pm
Rhein III?
Title: Re: Closeup of wall
Post by: PeterAit on August 30, 2021, 02:13:56 pm
Rhein III?

I don't understand the question.
Title: Re: Closeup of wall
Post by: David Eckels on August 30, 2021, 02:57:24 pm
I don't understand the question.
https://www.andreasgursky.com/en/works/2018/rhein-3
Title: Re: Closeup of wall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 30, 2021, 03:03:15 pm
I personally find Iceland III (aka "Closeup of Wall") much more interesting (as an abstract) than Rhein III.

It's quite well-balanced, but its origin in Iceland is not obvious.
Title: Re: Closeup of wall
Post by: PeterAit on August 30, 2021, 04:37:15 pm
I personally find Iceland III (aka "Closeup of Wall") much more interesting (as an abstract) than Rhein III.

It's quite well-balanced, but its origin in Iceland is not obvious.

No, I guess Icelandic walls are much like any other walls!
Title: Re: Closeup of wall
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 30, 2021, 07:07:58 pm
https://www.andreasgursky.com/en/works/2018/rhein-3

I actually had in mind Rhein II, in which case Peter’s picture would be #3. I didn’t even realize there is Gursky’s Rhein III, until now, that is.