Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on August 28, 2021, 03:50:56 pm

Title: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: Bob_B on August 28, 2021, 03:50:56 pm
A couple of stacked stone sculptures near the Patapsco River in Old Ellicott City (Maryland). C&C most welcomed.
Title: Re: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 28, 2021, 08:03:43 pm
Fascinating.
Someone put a lot of effort into stacking them so they wouldn't topple.
Any idea how long they've been there?
Title: Re: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: John R on August 28, 2021, 08:21:53 pm
I rather like the subject and bw treatment. My critique would be that more separation between the rocks and the background would render the subject better.

JR
Title: Re: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: degrub on August 28, 2021, 09:29:46 pm
Interesting shot. Some zen contemplation features…..

Does that lens have a mustache shaped or very strong field curvature ?
I remember a m4/3 Voightlander 17 mm f/0.95 lens i tried that did.
Drove me crazy some times.
Title: Re: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: Bob_B on August 29, 2021, 06:20:16 am
Gentlemen, thank you. Eric: I don't know. These stacks were new to me, but I hadn't been to this particular spot in some time. John R: I complete agree with your assessment. degrub: I used a Sigma 35mm ART lens here.
Title: Re: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: francois on August 29, 2021, 09:10:09 am
Lovely shot and I agree with John R about the separation.
Bravo!
Title: Re: OEC Stacked Stones
Post by: Bob_B on August 29, 2021, 02:28:15 pm
francois: thank you!