Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on August 24, 2021, 10:01:06 pm

Title: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on August 24, 2021, 10:01:06 pm
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50944718817_5d3072c601_c.jpg)
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: John R on August 25, 2021, 12:05:59 am
That's really cool. If we get on one of those maybe we can be like ET and ride across the sky.

JR
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Bob_B on August 25, 2021, 07:02:16 am
Excellent! Subject, composition, processing: all superb.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: francois on August 25, 2021, 08:49:30 am
Lovely processing and great composition…
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 25, 2021, 01:45:17 pm
+1.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: David Eckels on August 26, 2021, 09:06:57 am
Terrific! The diagonal roof edge has the bikes streaking by. :o
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on August 27, 2021, 10:28:48 pm
Lovely processing and great composition…

Dear Bob_B et Al,

Thank you.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: MattBurt on October 07, 2021, 01:27:16 pm
Love it! As a lifelong bike nerd I bet I'd enjoy the museum too.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: francois on October 08, 2021, 07:10:59 am
Love it! As a lifelong bike nerd I bet I'd enjoy the museum too.

A local bike factory had a very nice museum. I liked to visit and marvel at the "old" tech. The factory filed for bankruptcy about 20 years ago. While I don't miss their bicycles, I do miss the museum a lot.
This is also from a bike nerd!
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on October 11, 2021, 08:28:30 pm
A local bike factory had a very nice museum. I liked to visit and marvel at the "old" tech. The factory filed for bankruptcy about 20 years ago. While I don't miss their bicycles, I do miss the museum a lot.
This is also from a bike nerd!

the Museum's a stones throw from my desk here in Fairfax CA ...20? miles north of n Francisco

The town  has had an event called The Biketober fest.for the past several years.[ cancelled for the last two years] .held this year in the parking lot of a local Bike Shop and "cafe"  on Saturday.

I will like be making a few photographs in that environ this weekend .

Thank you.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: francois on October 13, 2021, 07:42:56 am
the Museum's a stones throw from my desk here in Fairfax CA ...20? miles north of n Francisco

The town  has had an event called The Biketober fest.for the past several years.[ cancelled for the last two years] .held this year in the parking lot of a local Bike Shop and "cafe"  on Saturday.

I will like be making a few photographs in that environ this weekend .

Thank you.

I'm looking forward to your photos, of course!
Good luck.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on November 23, 2021, 12:57:55 pm
I'm looking forward to your photos, of course!
Good luck.

the biketoberfest....didnt come off as per usual

this image was captured form my third floor apartment  right along a MAJOR bike route

wonderful perspectives galore

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51699370997_6e0517fa05_k.jpg)
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: francois on November 24, 2021, 08:12:49 am
I like it a lot. The point of view is, of course, very interesting and gives different images from the usual sidewalk view. This rider is relaxed, hands on the hoods and I like how he's "framed" or guided by the white lines.

Well seen, Michael.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on November 24, 2021, 01:58:48 pm
I like it a lot. The point of view is, of course, very interesting and gives different images from the usual sidewalk view. This rider is relaxed, hands on the hoods and I like how he's "framed" or guided by the white lines.

Well seen, Michael.

i had that veiw for three years...and the clear view of the parking lot where i made thousands of images of Soap Bubbles several  of which ive posted here.


Thank you.

this is an image of the Biker Parking at an earlier  bike fest
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 24, 2021, 03:13:01 pm
How do you find your own bike after the fest is over?
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: MattBurt on November 26, 2021, 03:39:04 pm
How do you find your own bike after the fest is over?

Like we would have leaving a big event before key fobs.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on November 26, 2021, 11:29:20 pm
How do you find your own bike after the fest is over?

Semi Valet Parking....

Mind you this event was held next to my apartment. so i didnt have to take my bike anywhere near that MAZE
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: kers on November 27, 2021, 04:30:54 am
Semi Valet Parking....

Mind you this event was held next to my apartment. so i didnt have to take my bike anywhere near that MAZE

Rather elegant - consider they were cars...
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on November 27, 2021, 01:20:35 pm
Rather elegant - consider they were cars...

That many automobiles would have more than filled every parking spot for miles.

Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on December 08, 2021, 10:44:17 pm
 An addittional Bike Museum image

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51735392585_3a019913ea_c.jpg)
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 08, 2021, 11:33:15 pm
That is a truly classy image, Michael.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: francois on December 09, 2021, 07:52:24 am
For ages, road bicycles have been made with two triangles (for the frame) but materials, proportions and angles make all the difference (how they look and how they ride).

As Eric wrote, it's a classy image  - of a classic bicycle.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on December 09, 2021, 12:09:32 pm
For ages, road bicycles have been made with two triangles (for the frame) but materials, proportions and angles make all the difference (how they look and how they ride).

As Eric wrote, it's a classy image  - of a classic bicycle.

Thank you gentlemen very much.

I may want to lighten up the clouds just a bit before calling it a day on this image.

Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 09, 2021, 04:47:30 pm
I agree: Lighten the clouds but leave the rest as it is.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on December 09, 2021, 10:03:18 pm
I agree: Lighten the clouds but leave the rest as it is.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats the plan. Thank you.
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: John R on December 09, 2021, 10:53:09 pm
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats the plan. Thank you.
Also clone out the dust spots. Then let it ride!

JR
Title: Re: The Bicycle Museum
Post by: Michael West on December 10, 2021, 02:14:17 pm
Also clone out the dust spots. Then let it ride!

JR

one would think Id have had that sensor cleaned by now...

Thanks