Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 24, 2021, 07:12:07 pm

Title: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 24, 2021, 07:12:07 pm
Close to home, a "pandemic" walk, after numerous rainy days to bring out the moss.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 24, 2021, 07:13:24 pm
Two more.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: RMW on August 24, 2021, 09:43:12 pm
Eric,
All very nice.
#3 & #4 are exceptional in every way especially how reverential they are.
Hope you'll post more.
Richard
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 24, 2021, 09:52:07 pm
The ones in the second post speak softly to me...I like them.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Bob_B on August 25, 2021, 07:04:00 am
Eric,
All very nice.
#3 & #4 are exceptional in every way especially how reverential they are.
Hope you'll post more.
Richard
+1
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: francois on August 25, 2021, 09:12:02 am
Very nice set, #4 is my favorite.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on August 25, 2021, 11:23:32 am
The first in both the sets, for me.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 25, 2021, 01:35:30 pm
Dear Friends,
Thank you for your kind words.
I'll look for some more that might be postable from recent walks. These are woods very close to home, and I have walked them many times.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on August 25, 2021, 07:02:20 pm
Love the last image of the second set.

Sense of distance in the background reminds me of similar scenes I've come across.

What's over the "ridge".

Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 25, 2021, 07:39:31 pm
Thank you, Leszek.

I expect to post a few more tomorrow.

As for what's over the ridge: just more woods. There are several large rocky outcroppings in those woods, and they catch the light nicely on cloudy days.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2021, 04:19:24 pm
Some more from the same local woods.
(Here there be Goblins and Ents.)
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2021, 04:20:46 pm
3 more.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2021, 04:21:33 pm
And yet one more.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 26, 2021, 07:29:15 pm
I like this last one very much. The rest are also inspiring, as I typically walk the woods despairing of a good (easy?) composition.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2021, 11:29:47 pm
Thanks, Scott.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: francois on August 27, 2021, 08:40:04 am
Again, I'm falling in love with the last one!
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 27, 2021, 09:53:09 am
Again, I'm falling in love with the last one!
Thanks Francois.

When walking through these woods it is always a treat to come upon these great granite outcroppings that just seem to glow in their own light.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Arlen on August 30, 2021, 07:07:36 pm
Eric, such interesting rock formations, and you have captured them well. Looks like a place I would love to walk around in.
Title: Re: A walk in the woods
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 30, 2021, 11:41:24 pm
Thanks, Arlen.
It's very accessible (to me) and always interesting.