Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: Ferp on August 09, 2021, 07:55:05 pm
-
There's been no discussion here of the issue raised in this PetaPixel article:
https://petapixel.com/2021/08/02/latest-capture-one-update-upsets-workflows-and-angers-digital-techs/
I'm a bit hesitant to install the update until I understand these changes better. Has anyone here installed it, and if so, how did you find it?
-
Classic petapixel take on things :) It’s worth reading the update information on their website and watching videos they and others have put out on the new export workflow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhVgTrTzkhE
Or more specific to the topic of exporting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-9OHR4q0UQ
Some people have freaked out, others not so much. It caused a bit of an uproar in some circles so they've issued an apology and FAQ:
https://learn.captureone.com/blog-posts/we-hear-you/
I expect they’ll work to accommodate in some undetermined way in a future release.
-
Personally so far the export functionality of the V21 brings a regression.
In version 20, in the export tab, we could compare the planned outputs on the screen, for example a variant in Prophoto and another in sRGB and the effect on the histogram and the vue together.
We could also compare by soft proofing two papers side by side.
Nothing now.
-
Thanks for those links. I sympathise with aspects of C1's motivation, as I struggled to understand a few aspects of the output tab. But there's no excuse for removing functionality. I don't think my workflow is affected, but I'm inclined to wait for 14.4, which surely can't be far off, given the adverse publicity.
-
Yeah they're backtracking with egg on their faces despite all the corporate double talk.
Sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/capture-one-pro-keep-capture-one-professional