Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on July 31, 2021, 04:38:16 pm

Title: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Bob_B on July 31, 2021, 04:38:16 pm
Black-eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta) to be precise. I hope you like this one, as it's one of my favorites. Taken with a Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 Planar ZE. Your comments are encouraged. Thanks for stopping by.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 31, 2021, 06:27:41 pm
Nice, with a truly "dreamy" look to it.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: RMW on July 31, 2021, 07:22:04 pm
Painterly I think, in the best sense.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Bob_B on August 01, 2021, 06:33:52 am
Thanks, Eric and RMW.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Arlen on August 01, 2021, 02:00:47 pm
I agree with both above comments, dreamy and painterly. I like it's moody atmosphere.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Bob_B on August 01, 2021, 05:21:22 pm
Thanks Arlen.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 02, 2021, 04:22:29 am
Well done, the light and colours are on the mark.
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Bob_B on August 02, 2021, 07:26:48 am
Thanks, Paulo
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: francois on August 03, 2021, 08:56:49 am
The light is very soft as are the colors… Beauty in this shot is revealed slowly and exquisitely.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Dreamy Susan
Post by: Bob_B on August 03, 2021, 09:24:48 am
Thanks francois.

I've also worked on variations on "Dreamy Susan", and here's the first. I like having a single subject; something I've been working to achieve when capturing an image. Thoughts and comments welcomed.