Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: andyptak on July 30, 2021, 04:48:58 pm

Title: PS "Save As" to incorrect folder
Post by: andyptak on July 30, 2021, 04:48:58 pm
I've enabled the legacy "Save As" option (since Adobe messed it up a while ago), in Preferences and PS now wants to save in the wrong folder, often in Documents folder, every time. Anyone come across this?
Title: Re: PS "Save As" to incorrect folder
Post by: digitaldog on July 30, 2021, 05:56:42 pm
I've enabled the legacy "Save As" option (since Adobe messed it up a while ago), in Preferences and PS now wants to save in the wrong folder, often in Documents folder, every time. Anyone come across this?
No, not on my Mac. It defaults to the last location but I can save anywhere I desire.
FWIW, Adobe didn't mess this up, Apple did. But that's another story.
Title: Re: PS "Save As" to incorrect folder
Post by: andyptak on July 30, 2021, 07:07:25 pm
I'm Windows, maybe that's the difference? I agree about Apple, by the way.
Title: Re: PS "Save As" to incorrect folder
Post by: digitaldog on July 30, 2021, 07:15:18 pm
Can't comment on Windows but it would be odd that PS would behave unlike other applications.
There's this:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html