Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Robert-Peter Westphal on July 29, 2021, 01:42:43 pm

Title: problem with Imageprograf pro-1000 and Big Sur Intel w/ customized paper-type
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on July 29, 2021, 01:42:43 pm
Hallo,

since I update to Big Sur, I cannot download customized papertypes from my printer to my printer-driver.

With help of the media creation app, I created several customized paper-types and sent them successfully to my printer. Then I tried to download these papers to the printer-driver. The process starts as usual, there is a message box stating that there are customized papers available which should be downloaded, the the process tries to install a new program and then, after allowing to install the program by inserting my password for MacOS, nothing else happens.

The printer-driver is 22.20 which is the latest available at Canon, and it should be compatible with Big Sur. My OS is 11.5.1 running on Intel Core I9 / Macbook pro.

Does anyone have an idea what I could do to solve the issue.

Many thanks in advance for further help !

Robert
Title: Re: problem with Imageprograf pro-1000 and Big Sur Intel w/ customized paper-type
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on September 13, 2021, 01:47:52 pm
Hello,

does really no one have the same problem or any idea how to fix it ? The Canon support seems to have no idea, too, but I fear they don’t really understand the problem ( in Germany problems with this printer are supported by the non professional support for cheap home printer).

Best wishes Robert