Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on July 27, 2021, 06:16:28 pm

Title: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 27, 2021, 06:16:28 pm
I'm ready, go ahead, C&C...
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 27, 2021, 06:59:13 pm
I find it intriguing and evocative.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: David Eckels on July 27, 2021, 07:15:59 pm
It has a certain film noire mood. I like it.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 28, 2021, 08:22:49 am
Ok, I will let it simmer for a while then. Thank you.
-appreciate, -/t
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: John R on July 28, 2021, 07:10:47 pm
I think you have added a vignette. That certainly helps the scene come alive. It makes it appear as though you captured light in one area through a forest. It also has a natural quality which is refreshing. Despite that I would say the background limbs (crisscrossing) are distracting. The white-out area immediately to the left of the main left trunk (next to the flowers) should be toned down (but remain light) so that the leaves can continue to stand out, as they really add to the natural scene. But Eric is right IMO, to say the image has an evocative quality.

JR
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 29, 2021, 04:31:24 pm
I think you have added a vignette. That certainly helps the scene come alive. It makes it appear as though you captured light in one area through a forest. It also has a natural quality which is refreshing. Despite that I would say the background limbs (crisscrossing) are distracting. The white-out area immediately to the left of the main left trunk (next to the flowers) should be toned down (but remain light) so that the leaves can continue to stand out, as they really add to the natural scene. But Eric is right IMO, to say the image has an evocative quality.

JR
Thank you for breaking it down for me John. Since I posted it here originally, I had already:"white-out area immediately to the left of the main left trunk (next to the flowers) should be toned down". I appreciate you taking the time to give me your expertise.  -/t
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 29, 2021, 04:37:24 pm
Current Incarnation
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 30, 2021, 11:44:01 am
Much better now.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: John R on July 30, 2021, 10:30:19 pm
Much better now.
Yes.
Title: Re: Too Much?
Post by: Todd Suttles on July 31, 2021, 05:17:29 am
Thank you, John and Eric, for the help.