Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Maradomma on July 25, 2021, 05:36:14 pm

Title: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: Maradomma on July 25, 2021, 05:36:14 pm
Hi,
I would be grateful to have some critique.
Thanks,
Dom
Title: Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 25, 2021, 05:43:09 pm
I'm guessing some colour manipulation - is this Nik Color Efex Pro? I'd guess at the 'Indian Summer' pre-set. It would work better if the moss on the stones was still green; I've never seen brown moss on stones in a river.
Title: Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: Maradomma on July 25, 2021, 05:50:23 pm
It's a modified take on one of the YouTuber Jamie Windsor's Kodak Aerochrome colour profiles.  I basically pulled it more into the orange/browns because to create a different look to the typical red/pink. 

Interesting view on retaining the green moss on the stones.  My original intention wasn't to create a realistic looking photo, but I will try to put some of the green back in to see the effect this has.
Title: Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: francois on July 26, 2021, 04:47:30 am
A bit unnatural but I like the composition…
Title: Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 26, 2021, 08:25:24 am
  My original intention wasn't to create a realistic looking photo, but I will try to put some of the green back in to see the effect this has.

In that case, it's fine.
Title: Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 26, 2021, 09:35:02 am
...It would work better if the moss on the stones was still green; I've never seen brown moss on stones in a river.

+1
Title: Re: Dolgoch Falls, Wales
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 26, 2021, 09:48:42 am
+2.