Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: rgs on July 24, 2021, 04:05:15 pm

Title: Holgate Glacier
Post by: rgs on July 24, 2021, 04:05:15 pm
Holgate Glacier from a boat in the Gulf of Alaska. It was a pretty cloudy day so the light was soft and the clouds intersting.
Title: Re: Holgate Glacier
Post by: armand on July 24, 2021, 07:37:49 pm
I think I prefer the second. If only it had a touch more room on the left. All very good though.
Title: Re: Holgate Glacier
Post by: rgs on July 24, 2021, 10:27:34 pm
Thanks for the confirmation. I agree about the left side. That has bothered me, too. Unfortunately, I was standing (handheld) on the bow of a boat that was pitching about rather actively. Accurate framing was somewhat of a challenge. I might be able to use a bit of the first one to repair that left side. Might be a fun thing to try.
Title: Re: Holgate Glacier
Post by: francois on July 25, 2021, 09:27:00 am
I also prefer #2 over #1. It's more massive, I feel dwarfed by this moutain of ice. Also, the "texture" of the ice is much more obvious.
Title: Re: Holgate Glacier
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 25, 2021, 07:11:14 pm
I like the series: First an overview, and then moving closer, ending with the ice cave.
Nice.