Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on July 24, 2021, 11:05:49 am

Title: KaBoom!
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 24, 2021, 11:05:49 am
Fun to shoot lightning  but one must keep a wary eye as lightning has a tendency to travel far ahead of a front. This one, while looking to be at a greater distance than the first one I posted, actually was a see the flash, hear the bang in the same instance. Went under cover and lit out of there after this exposure.
Title: Re: KaBoom!
Post by: armand on July 24, 2021, 07:38:52 pm
That's pretty stunning. Never got the right opportunity for this (that is I was too chicken to put myself in the position  ;D)
Title: Re: KaBoom!
Post by: Chris Calohan on July 24, 2021, 10:07:50 pm
Up until this thunderboomer, I felt quite safe as everything was blasting away several miles away...then it got too dicey and like you, I'm chicken of the sea when it comes to lightning.
Title: Re: KaBoom!
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on July 25, 2021, 05:17:23 am
Great catch!
Title: Re: KaBoom!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 25, 2021, 07:13:48 pm
Great catch!
Absolutely!
Title: Re: KaBoom!
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on July 26, 2021, 04:48:01 am
Nice one!
Title: Re: KaBoom!
Post by: kers on July 26, 2021, 06:23:37 am
perfect shot! good timing!