Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: macop4 on December 27, 2006, 07:34:28 pm
-
Does anyone know why dpi ratings for printers are 2 numbers? For example what does 4800 X 2400 mean? Not trying to be goofy, but does that mean the droplets are bigger one way than the other??? Wouldnt the dpi be rated off of one value? I seem to recall a time when if someone said a printers' dpi was 1200 dpi -- that it was 1200 -- and that was the only dpi value you would be given. I seen some printers now that have dpi ratings of like 9600 x 2400. What does this mean? I know there must be some logical explanation. Please help...
-
Best guess...., first number is dpi in the X direction (print head axis), the second number is the number of lines in the paper feed direction.