Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 12, 2021, 07:08:13 am

Title: The Kelpies
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 12, 2021, 07:08:13 am
Hi guys,

Been a while since I have posted anything on here, but just had a very short visit (less than an hour) to the Kelpies monument in Falkirk and what a truly amazing pair of sculptures they are and so I thought I should show you one of my recent shots from there.

Definitely worth a visit with your camera if you can :)

..and don't forget my ongoing chapters and guides to many other locations I am photographing across Scotland - Free Guides (http://skyephotoguide.com/extra.html)

Dave
Title: Re: The Kelpies
Post by: francois on July 12, 2021, 08:08:06 am
Weird but spectacular photo… I like it a lot.
Title: Re: The Kelpies
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 12, 2021, 09:54:03 am
Weird but spectacular photo… I like it a lot.

Thank you Francois  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: The Kelpies
Post by: Arlen on July 14, 2021, 04:22:23 pm
Very striking, indeed. I like it, with your treatment of the lighting.
Title: Re: The Kelpies
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 15, 2021, 11:29:30 am
Weird but spectacular photo… I like it a lot.
+1.
Title: Re: The Kelpies
Post by: John R on July 15, 2021, 12:00:28 pm
+1.
+2. However, now that you have made them come to life, is it safe to around them? They look rather wild and frenetic, as if they are not happy about you taking photos of them ;)

JR
Title: Re: The Kelpies
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on July 22, 2021, 02:57:32 pm
Thanks guys, as always, you are the best  ;) ;) ;)

+2. However, now that you have made them come to life...

Thank you so much John, those are very kind words indeed to say that "I" have made them come to life, how pretty damn decent of you to put it so nicely  :)

... is it safe to be around them?

They look rather wild and frenetic, as if they are not happy about you taking photos of them ;)

JR

I think that must be more due to me and what I was seeing when I took the shot, rather than having anything to do with the monuments themselves, which are an absolutely stunning work of both art and engineering.

Dave