Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on July 07, 2021, 10:03:17 am
-
.
-
Nice one.
-
Yes, nicely lit. Perhaps a little over-exposed at the bottom? Some of the water looks blown.
S
-
I really like this composition and the patterns created by the rhythm of the water movements and the green tiered rocks. I get a sense that you are trying to improve your image with saturation and increased contrast. Not sure this is the way to go for this image. The green of the water, and perhaps the green on the rocks, looks really over saturated. Increasing contrast may also increase the whiteness of the water, which may make it look overexposed. So you have to be selective. I often desaturate and selectively reduce brightness in areas of my images if they look overdone, even if the colours were greatly saturated in real life. Maybe try creating a contrast/brightness layer and selectively paint in less contrast and brightness. See if that helps.
JR
-
Well done.
-
I really like this composition and the patterns created by the rhythm of the water movements and the green tiered rocks. I get a sense that you are trying to improve your image with saturation and increased contrast. Not sure this is the way to go for this image. The green of the water, and perhaps the green on the rocks, looks really over saturated. Increasing contrast may also increase the whiteness of the water, which may make it look overexposed. So you have to be selective. I often desaturate and selectively reduce brightness in areas of my images if they look overdone, even if the colours were greatly saturated in real life. Maybe try creating a contrast/brightness layer and selectively paint in less contrast and brightness. See if that helps.
JR
+1
The moss on the rocks looks too yellow-green and in stark contrast to the deep emerald water.
-
Composition is excellent and it looks elegant and almost logical. I'm split for colors, especially the intense green moss.
Well done.
-
Thanks, all. Appreciate the feedback.
The whites are not blown; the L*ab luminosity value is right around 95% +/-1
I did enhance the contrast using an RGB==>L*ab==>RGB adjustment. Didn't push it a bunch and toned it the yellow and greens down quite a bit. It was a fairly low contrast image to begin with. I wanted the patterns in the water to stand out against the moss, which seemed hard to compete with.
Attached BW may be more appealing to some.
-
Honestly, I prefer the B&W version…
-
Yes, the water patterns really stand out in the BW version.
-
Thanks, all. Appreciate the feedback.
The whites are not blown; the L*ab luminosity value is right around 95% +/-1
I should have written "featureless". They've acquired some detail in the black and white conversion, which I prefer.
S
-
I too like your B/W image over the color version. Nicely done!
-
I like both.
They have very different strenghts, but both are enjoyable.
Thierry
-
Thanks for the comments. Maybe I need to print them both and stare at 'em awhile. The green/yellow concern is a bit frustrating, not the comments from Slobodan and John (!), but in trying to get them to look right. That moss, seen a bunch all over Iceland, is sublime, but getting it right is difficult.