Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on June 28, 2021, 06:59:46 pm
-
Sony A7RIV 12-24mm lens at 24mm ISO 400 1/100 sec, f11 hand held. I was always under the impression that images made for the web or email should NOT be PROPHOTO, which is my working space on my calibrated monitor. My prints from my Epson printers seem to duplicate this color space very well. I was under the impression web images should be something like Epson RGB so I usually use that color space for web images. I am posting TWO images, first Pro Photo and the second Epsom RGB. When looked at side by side on my monitor the Epson RGB image really looses its color punch and subtleties. Should I use my working Space as my profile for web images? Thanks in advance. I will also post over on the processing board. Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ
84 year old Amateur still learning ;)
-
Convert images to the standard sRGB color space for web usage. Those that have a (semi) color managed browser will display correctly images from other spaces, but those are not color managed theoretically center on the sRGB standard. The (semi) is recognition that many browsers color manage to a degree, but often fall short of correct tonal mapping. If one converts to sRGB then the images will likely be reasonably displayed on most systems.
Richard Southworth
-
Thank you Richard. I will convert my images to sRGB before posting on the web.
Dave
-
Re:sRGB (which today is ideal for the web WITH color management as is any color space):
sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2
In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover:
When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices
How sRGB doesn't insure a visual match without color management, how to check
The downsides of an all sRGB workflow
sRGB's color gamut vs. "professional" output devices
The future of sRGB and wide gamut display technology
Photo print labs that demand sRGB for output
High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/sRGBMythsPart2.mp4
Low resolution on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvVUL1gWVs
-
Thanks Digitaldog.
Dave