Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vjbelle on June 24, 2021, 05:18:09 pm

Title: Dark and loss of color on Canon 8400
Post by: vjbelle on June 24, 2021, 05:18:09 pm
After just printing a wonderful 40 inch print on my ipf8400 I started to print a 48 inch print through the print plugin and was surprised to see a dark and loss of color print coming out of the printer.  I stopped the printing process and checked everything..... I mean everything! 

I started another print and after seeing the leading edge I concluded that the same anomaly was again happening.  To see the leading edge means that about a foot of paper is used on a 44 inch roll. 

I then decided to try the standard driver without the print plugin and everything matched my monitor.  Must be a corrupt plugin but being burned once makes me very reluctant to even try the plugin again.  I've used it faithfully for years but something must be really amiss. 

I'm posting looking for any suggestions and to alert any other users of a Canon ipf8400.

Victor B.
Title: Re: Dark and loss of color on Canon 8400
Post by: deanwork on June 25, 2021, 11:58:09 am
I used the ps plug-in for 10 years on an 8300 and never had a single glitch except once when I upgraded to a newer version of Photoshop CC it wouldn’t work at all. I call Canon and they sent me a firmware patch  and it worked perfectly until my printer died last year.

I would call them.

John




After just printing a wonderful 40 inch print on my ipf8400 I started to print a 48 inch print through the print plugin and was surprised to see a dark and loss of color print coming out of the printer.  I stopped the printing process and checked everything..... I mean everything! 

I started another print and after seeing the leading edge I concluded that the same anomaly was again happening.  To see the leading edge means that about a foot of paper is used on a 44 inch roll. 

I then decided to try the standard driver without the print plugin and everything matched my monitor.  Must be a corrupt plugin but being burned once makes me very reluctant to even try the plugin again.  I've used it faithfully for years but something must be really amiss. 

I'm posting looking for any suggestions and to alert any other users of a Canon ipf8400.

Victor B.
Title: Re: Dark and loss of color on Canon 8400
Post by: vjbelle on June 25, 2021, 11:06:08 pm
Appreciate the reply.

I deleted the plugin and re-installed.  Took awhile but everything seems to be working now.  I don't think that the plugin is being used anymore as I can't find a download file for it for the latest printers.  The standard driver is able to print at 600ppi so resolution is the same but there are no sharpening options as are available in the plugin. 

My next printer will be a Canon as this one has served me well. 

Victor B.