Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on June 23, 2021, 09:05:08 am

Title: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 23, 2021, 09:05:08 am
Monsoon Blues (Greens). (https://blog.parrikar.com/2021/06/23/monsoon-blues-greens/)

Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: francois on June 23, 2021, 09:14:13 am
I love both shots and now, those lush greens (1st photo) are easily explained with the second one.
Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 23, 2021, 10:52:38 am
That second shot is great.
Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: James Clark on June 23, 2021, 02:25:00 pm
I like the impact and composition of the first one quite a bit, but I had to view it full size to really appreciate the lushness of the field.
Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: John R on June 23, 2021, 11:16:25 pm
That's it: the lushness of green and the almost dark moodiness of the misty rain. The first reminds me of the song "40 shades of green." Ironically, it is a lovely sensitive ballad written by the bad-boy of country music, Johnny Cash. I am sure the people of Goa have their own song about the lovely shades of green in their fields.

JR
Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 24, 2021, 07:12:23 am
Francois, Paulo, James, John - thank you.

John - yes, there are folk songs celebrating the monsoon. The impact of the Southwest monsoon on the local culture and life is deep. There's a beautiful account (https://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Monsoon-Alexander-Frater-audiobook/dp/B01B8AUT7O/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1) of the Indian monsoon through the eyes of a Westerner.
Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 01, 2021, 07:36:03 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed all the images in your blog.
And I had no problem at all telling that they were from Goa and not Iceland.   ;)

Very fine set.
Title: Re: Monsoon Blues (Greens)
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 02, 2021, 05:26:07 am
I thoroughly enjoyed all the images in your blog.
And I had no problem at all telling that they were from Goa and not Iceland.   ;)

Very fine set.

Thank you, Eric.