Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on June 15, 2021, 02:22:25 pm

Title: Welsh waterfall
Post by: KMRennie on June 15, 2021, 02:22:25 pm
Very low water levels but in normal times the spray from this 240ft fall would instantly coat the front element and I wouldn't have been able to get into this position in the middle of the stream. Ken
Title: Re: Welsh waterfall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 15, 2021, 05:17:31 pm
It does help to wait for the right conditions, if you can.
You certainly did here.

Excellent waterfall image.
Title: Re: Welsh waterfall
Post by: francois on June 16, 2021, 07:16:11 am
Superb and very natural shot.
Also, I'm impressed how you handled the sky at the top of the frame. It's not an easy transition and it often looks weird.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Welsh waterfall
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 16, 2021, 09:32:50 am
Well done.
Title: Re: Welsh waterfall
Post by: KMRennie on June 16, 2021, 09:46:40 am
Thanks for the comments. Francois the sky was six stops brighter than the gorge with the waterfall and I did take a shot for the sky and blended it in. I am very happy with the result as most of my images where I have tried to capture scenes with extreme dynamic ranges end up looking odd. This one was blended by subtle masking, not using lightrooms often very good HDR. A third shot focused on the foreground was also blended in. Ken
Title: Re: Welsh waterfall
Post by: francois on June 16, 2021, 11:06:39 am
Thanks for the comments. Francois the sky was six stops brighter than the gorge with the waterfall and I did take a shot for the sky and blended it in. I am very happy with the result as most of my images where I have tried to capture scenes with extreme dynamic ranges end up looking odd. This one was blended by subtle masking, not using lightrooms often very good HDR. A third shot focused on the foreground was also blended in. Ken

Thanks for the processing info… Considering the situation, a successful result is not always a given but this one is fantastic and looks so natural