Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 04, 2021, 07:46:43 am
-
What the printer survived in the last six years:
The last print job was in mid-2016. After that, I moved for a job to a different state, the printer went into movers' storage in Chicago. Stayed there until 2019, when moved, with the rest of my household, by truck, to Miami, into storage again. From there was loaded into an ocean container ship to Europe, arriving in 2020. Thanks to Covid, stayed unpacked until recently. Unpacked it, downloaded the latest drivers, connected it wirelessly to my new computer and voila!... it worked. Some nozzles clogged, of course. Ran a few deep cleaning cycles and now works flawlessly.
Bravo for Canon!
-
That is really something Slobodan. Pretty amazing. Most printers would be toast after that long.
Nice!
Mark
-
Glad it worked for you. I've had nothing but good experiences with Canon printers.
-
Concur wholeheartedly re: Canon Pro-10! What color management is recommended for monitor to printer calibration?
Thanks!
-
ColorMunki.
-
Cool but ny Pixma Pro 1 was toast after not using it for 6 months and plugged in as canon said to
-
Cool but ny Pixma Pro 1 was toast after not using it for 6 months and plugged in as canon said to
Can you be more specific? What does it mean "was toast" and "plugged in as canon said to"?
-
Canon said leave it turned off and plugged in the head is toast will not clean or print properly anymore. I get the dreaded error message B200 I think it is
-
Can you be more specific? What does it mean "was toast" and "plugged in as canon said to"?
"Was toast" just means it was destroyed as in "burnt toast."
-
"Was toast" just means it was destroyed as in "burnt toast."
I know perfectly well the expression. I was asking what specifically it means in technical terms.
-
Toast (https://definedesirability.tumblr.com/post/33291415424/burnt-toast)
;)
-
Lt's offer a toast to burnt toast! :D
-
What the printer survived in the last six years:
The last print job was in mid-2016. After that, I moved for a job to a different state, the printer went into movers' storage in Chicago. Stayed there until 2019, when moved, with the rest of my household, by truck, to Miami, into storage again. From there was loaded into an ocean container ship to Europe, arriving in 2020. Thanks to Covid, stayed unpacked until recently. Unpacked it, downloaded the latest drivers, connected it wirelessly to my new computer and voila!... it worked. Some nozzles clogged, of course. Ran a few deep cleaning cycles and now works flawlessly.
Bravo for Canon!
I have a similar story -- purchased my *used* 10S in Europe in 2015, used it a bit, stuck it on a ship back to US, and been using it since without a single clog. [FINGERS CROSSED].