Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Steve Hendrix on June 03, 2021, 11:42:53 pm
-
Tomorrow we're hosting a coffee talk with Neils Knudsen, the "Image Professor" from Phase One. Neils has led or been involved in nearly every Phase One imaging advance going back to the 1990's. Needless to say he is a wealth of knowledge and information on Phase One and imaging technology in general. Some of the headline topics we'll be discussing will be color fidelity with the Phase One digital backs, including the new ProStandard Color Profiles. But I'm sure there will be more to uncover in addition. If you can make it, we'd love for you to take part.
Neils Knudsen Coffee Talk Registration (https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4353604666307808782)
Steve Hendrix/CI
-
Very very very interesting.
Thanks for sharing.
This is by far the most interesting talk I have ever listened to about color perception and how C1 Pro is head and shoulder above LR for the most important aspect of color photography.
The pro profiles work amazingly well for Nikon Z bodies. Combined with the Stockholm style I find them to be an incredibly solid base for people photography.
Looking forward to trying them with my new IQ4-150.
-
Steve hi,
Can this conversation be viewed on line ? Living where we do in NZ it was hard to stay up so late to view it live but it sounded very interesting.
If so please provide the link.
Many Thanks,
Charles
-
Steve hi,
Can this conversation be viewed on line ? Living where we do in NZ it was hard to stay up so late to view it live but it sounded very interesting.
If so please provide the link.
Many Thanks,
Charles
Hi Charles - unfortunately, this was not a recorded event.
But the basic takeaway was - try out the Pro Standard Profiles, with a lot of interesting background that explained what is happening to color when it is under and over exposed. Now - the weird thing is, since then I have noticed (I didn't know this then) that the only Pro Standard Profiles written for Phase One are for IQ3 100/Trichromatic and IQ4 150. None yet for Fuji GFX. But my 9 year old Canon 6D has a lovely Pro Standard Profile .... go figure. I'm sure this will change ... eventually.
Steve Hendrix/CI
-
Hi Charles - unfortunately, this was not a recorded event.
Steve,
In fact it was recorded. Just go to the link above, register, and the video starts. :-)
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Steve,
In fact it was recorded. Just go to the link above, register, and the video starts. :-)
Cheers,
Bernard
Oh - haha! ;D
Wow, I had no idea.
Ok!
And now I know why we use that program - it does allow us to do that (I have now been told)....
Steve Hendrix/CI
-
Oh - haha! ;D
Wow, I had no idea.
Ok!
And now I know why we use that program - it does allow us to do that (I have now been told)....
Lol :)
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Fantastic - watching it now! :) THANK YOU