Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on June 03, 2021, 03:40:18 pm

Title: Evening Salvia
Post by: Bob_B on June 03, 2021, 03:40:18 pm
Here's another experiment: wide aperture, shallow depth of field. The subject is Salvia flowers. Your thoughts and comments are most welcomed. Thank you for taking the time. - Bob
Title: Re: Evening Salvia
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 03, 2021, 08:26:22 pm
It works nicely for me, since the best light is on the focused blossoms.
Title: Re: Evening Salvia
Post by: Bob_B on June 04, 2021, 07:49:11 am
Thanks Eric.
Title: Re: Evening Salvia
Post by: David Eckels on June 04, 2021, 09:19:49 am
It works in concept for me too, Bob. Beautiful color.
That being said, I would prefer to see just a little more DOF. I realize this is an esthetic choice, however, so it is up to you.
Title: Re: Evening Salvia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on June 04, 2021, 09:28:54 am
I’m like the Buridan’s ass caught between Eric and David. But I think I lean more towards Eric’s view.
Title: Re: Evening Salvia
Post by: francois on June 04, 2021, 09:32:19 am
I like it like it is. The DOF is very fine but I would be open to more experiments…
Well done!
Title: Re: Evening Salvia
Post by: Bob_B on June 04, 2021, 09:49:16 am
David, Rajan and francois: Thank you ever so much.