Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: nemophoto on June 02, 2021, 11:45:18 am
-
I say "funny" because many years ago, Photoshop had "Save a Copy" as one of the file saving options. (Though there are other "Old-timers" on the forum as well, I have been using PS since version 2.5 -- the first Windows version.) I always lamented they took that option away and never understood why. Yes, there are many ways to work around it, but it was useful. But, hey. All that is old is NEW again.
-
Save a Copy isn't new, but the behavior is more recently. It was necessary for Adobe to do this due to new APIs from Apple. And Adobe always tries for platform parity so Windows gets it too.
This old timer's first version was 1.0.7; May 1990.
-
Yup. I'm well aware of you being a very early PS user. Just goes to show how much older your are. ;D
-
If you don't like the "new" change to Save As (not Save a Copy) then you can revert to the old ... it does not remove the Save a Copy option and can now also eliminate the Copy added to the file name (if you prefer).
https://mattk.com/adobe-listened-the-old-save-as-is-back/