Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bhbf08 on May 31, 2021, 08:10:11 pm

Title: Canon Pro-2100 Service Mode ?
Post by: bhbf08 on May 31, 2021, 08:10:11 pm
I'm getting an error on my PRO-2100  (EC22 4001).  Does anyone know how to get it in service mode?  I'm not able to find much info on the web. 

I'll call Canon on Tuesday, but need to see if I can clear it for a couple of prints I need today. 
Title: Re: Canon Pro-2100 Service Mode ?
Post by: dpirazzi on May 31, 2021, 11:21:28 pm
This works for the 4100.

With the printer turned off -

1. Press and hold the Power button
2. When the Canon logo is displayed on the operation panel, while still holding the power button, press Area4 (lower left), Area2 (lower right,) Area3 (upper left,) and Area1 (upper right) and finally release the Power button within two seconds.

When it finishes initializing, there will be an extra menu item, "SERVICE" at the bottom.

I have been looking for the ability to reset maintenance carts but have not found it yet.
Title: Re: Canon Pro-2100 Service Mode ?
Post by: bhbf08 on June 01, 2021, 07:21:10 am
Thank you!  That worked and I'm able to print the few that I needed.

I'm wondering if the error just means I need a new printhead?  I'll find out today when I call. 
Title: Re: Canon Pro-2100 Service Mode ?
Post by: raminolta on June 18, 2021, 11:03:24 am
I have just acquired and finished installing my pro-2100. In the older Canon printers such as ipf6400, in order to check if all the nozzles are truly clear and functional is to do the nozzle test print in the service mode. This is because in the non-service mode, the printer does not use clogged nozzles whenever possible.  Is this still the case for the new Pro-2100?

Thanks.
Title: Re: Canon Pro-2100 Service Mode ?
Post by: Lessbones on June 21, 2021, 02:55:35 pm
I have just acquired and finished installing my peo-2100. In the older Canon printers such as ipf6400, in order to check if all the nozzles are truly clear and functional is to do the nozzle check test print in the service mode. This is because in the non-service mode, the printer does not use clogged nozzles whenever possible.  Is this still the case for the new Pro-2100?

Thanks.

Yes.
Title: Re: Canon Pro-2100 Service Mode ?
Post by: dpirazzi on June 22, 2021, 01:02:03 am
So bhbf08, curious what you found out regarding your error code? How long has your 2100 been in service?

thx, Dave