Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on May 31, 2021, 12:39:37 pm

Title: Mt Diablo Trail
Post by: David Eckels on May 31, 2021, 12:39:37 pm
Just a nice picture. From a 9-frame stitch, Nikon 1 v2, 1/1250 sec, f/5.6, 100 mm (270 mm 35 eq), ISO 400.
Title: Re: Mt Diablo Trail
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 31, 2021, 07:45:17 pm
Nice one.
Title: Re: Mt Diablo Trail
Post by: John R on May 31, 2021, 09:36:42 pm
Nice one.
It is quite nice. I guess the yellow green of the grass is from lack of rain. Once upon a time I almost bought the V2. I briefly used the V1 and found it to be excellent.

JR
Title: Re: Mt Diablo Trail
Post by: francois on June 01, 2021, 08:17:45 am
Superb and interesting at the same time. The eyes can follow the trail with a bit a detective work.
Well done.
Title: Re: Mt Diablo Trail
Post by: David Eckels on June 01, 2021, 11:14:10 am
Thanks, gents. John, the grasses were turning in California, mid May, as they always do. The hills behind me had lost their green even further.
But I have been known also to tweak things a little at times ;) In this case a very weak Orton effect was applied at low opacity to finish. Forgive me 8)

I included an untouched DNG below so you can see how the hills are in the midst of turning.