Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mtakeda on May 30, 2021, 06:48:59 pm

Title: Completely different appearance of the lightroom
Post by: mtakeda on May 30, 2021, 06:48:59 pm
I had to redowmload above because of compatibility problem after the latest update of the Windows. After download the software, I found the opening page looks very different from what I remember. For example there are no work module such as library, develope and print.  On the left I used to see the the folders with names imported not any more. I have add the photo. Did I import the wrong Lightroom? Is there more than one version of Lightroom?
Title: Re: Completely different appearance of the lightroom
Post by: mcbroomf on May 30, 2021, 08:24:34 pm
There is Classic and Cloud (just called "Lightroom").  They do look different.  If you downloaded Cloud just uninstall it and download Classic.  I've done this once (downloaded both).
Title: Re: Completely different appearance of the lightroom
Post by: mtakeda on May 30, 2021, 10:04:27 pm
Thank you. Did the cloud version did not show library folders and no tool bars like library and develope?
Title: Re: Completely different appearance of the lightroom
Post by: MDL_SD on May 30, 2021, 10:21:13 pm
The cloud version does not use the same folder structure that the Classic version uses so you will see a different display on the left side.
Title: Re: Completely different appearance of the lightroom
Post by: mtakeda on May 30, 2021, 10:30:45 pm
Thank you. I will download the classic version.