Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: uintaangler on May 30, 2021, 05:46:20 pm

Title: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: uintaangler on May 30, 2021, 05:46:20 pm
Took my new RX100 ver. V out for it's maiden voyage while fishing the Metolius River
Played around a little, shooting mostly jpg's and a dozen Raw images
When I downloaded to LR CC O got an error message regarding all of the ARW files
That makes absolutely no senses as I have owned several different Sony's and never had this problem before
Anybody else have this problem?
Thanks
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: digitaldog on May 30, 2021, 06:00:47 pm
And the error message is?
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: uintaangler on May 30, 2021, 07:24:43 pm
The error message is...." The files cannot be opened by Lightroom"
And then beneath that a list of the 12 ARW files that did not open
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: digitaldog on May 30, 2021, 09:43:44 pm
The error message is...." The files cannot be opened by Lightroom"
And then beneath that a list of the 12 ARW files that did not open
What version of LR? It's new enough to support raws from that camera? It only does this on some or all ARWs?
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: uintaangler on May 31, 2021, 12:24:17 am
What version of LR? It's new enough to support raws from that camera? It only does this on some or all ARWs?


It'sLightroom Creatice Cloud, so it automatically updates, that can't be the reason
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: Ken Bennett on May 31, 2021, 07:57:06 am
Yes, I have an RX100v and the raw files open in Lightroom. I wonder if there is some issue with compressed raw files, maybe?
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: PeterAit on May 31, 2021, 10:33:17 am

It'sLightroom Creatice Cloud, so it automatically updates, that can't be the reason

In my setup, LR CC updates only when I specifically tell it to. You might want to check.
Title: Re: Problem opening ARW files in Lightroom Creative Cloud?
Post by: digitaldog on May 31, 2021, 12:01:42 pm
Yes, I have an RX100v and the raw files open in Lightroom. I wonder if there is some issue with compressed raw files, maybe?
Yes, I agree and asked but getting info about solving this issue isn't easy.