Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on May 26, 2021, 09:50:24 am
-
Reworking a a shot from seven years ago with terrible camera shake: hand held 450 mm at 1/45 sec using Topaz Sharpen AI. Kind of iconic for the region; hopefully not a cliche. Someone behind me said, "Look at the sun on those hills." And it was a quick shot for which I regretted not having my tripod already set up. I will have to see how the print works out.
-
Quite lovely. And not cliched at all.
-
Quite lovely. And not cliched at all.
Yes, I agree. I read that local photographers in the Palouse area actually get together and pay a farmer to paint his barn red. This farm building looks rather new, not painted. Love the rolling hills!
JR
-
Thanks, gentlemen! I don't know, John, it was a looooong way away!
-
Nice one.
-
Thanks, Paulo. It is quite gratifying to find that seven years later "rescue tools" and by that I mean software like that from Topaz and DxO have developed to the point where I can process images I rejected back then.
-
Fantastic, the landscape reminds of of southern Tuscany…
Bravo!
-
Never been, but someday...
Thanks, Francois.
-
Beautiful. Often these spontaneous exposures turn out to be keepers.
-
Beautiful. Often these spontaneous exposures turn out to be keepers.
Thanks, Rajan, and they can be so disappointing if not well executed.
-
Nice that you could re-work it. I have a decent shot of the red barn, along with various other images from Steptoe Butte, after visiting there during a conference a few years ago in June. The very early morning sun looks great, but requires a correspondingly very early start. :)
-
Nice that you could re-work it. I have a decent shot of the red barn, along with various other images from Steptoe Butte, after visiting there during a conference a few years ago in June. The very early morning sun looks great, but requires a correspondingly very early start. :)
Indeed. You know, Ken, I wonder if I've seen your shot in these pages. The barn is to the west of Steptoe, I'm gonna guess 3/4 mile or so, maybe more. I captured this at 300 mm on a crop sensor Nikon D7100 (1.5x300=450 mm) and like very much the compression it provided. You're also right about the early start; about an hour drive from Pullman so departed about 0400 in early May if I remember right.
-
Indeed. You know, Ken, I wonder if I've seen your shot in these pages. The barn is to the west of Steptoe, I'm gonna guess 3/4 mile or so, maybe more. I captured this at 300 mm on a crop sensor Nikon D7100 (1.5x300=450 mm) and like very much the compression it provided. You're also right about the early start; about an hour drive from Pullman so departed about 0400 in early May if I remember right.
I'm sure it's the same barn, it's iconic. A close friend did a workshop in the Palouse a couple of years before I went. After seeing her photos I bought the Fuji 100-400 specifically for this trip, and I checked a rolling case so I could bring my big tripod :) The conference was at the University of Idaho in Moscow, the annual meeting of the University Photographers Association. We had a great time. Nice college town, great scenery, good colleagues from around the country and the world.