Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: shadowblade on May 25, 2021, 10:01:03 am

Title: Seafarers Bridge - another view
Post by: shadowblade on May 25, 2021, 10:01:03 am
Seafarers Bridge, Melbourne, as seen from South Wharf.

Other view here (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=138303.0).

This was a much more challenging vantage point, since I was standing on another small footbridge that was constantly vibrating, and even jumping up and down, due to the movement of pedestrians. Any long-exposure photo ended up as a blur. I ended up taking lots of short exposures at high ISO in the short gaps between footsteps and vibrations, discarding the blurred ones, aligning the rest and combining them with median and mean stacks to get the equivalent of a much lower ISO.

A7r3 with Sony 12-24mm f/2.8 GM. 24mm, f/8, ISO 640. 20 frames each at 1/4 and 1.6s, median-stacked (for buildings/bridge) and mean-stacked (for clouds/river) and exposure blended.
Title: Re: Seafarers Bridge - another view
Post by: David Eckels on May 25, 2021, 11:53:44 am
Necessity is the mother of invention. Well done!
Title: Re: Seafarers Bridge - another view
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 25, 2021, 04:53:04 pm
I'd say the result was well worth your efforts.
Title: Re: Seafarers Bridge - another view
Post by: francois on May 27, 2021, 09:41:08 am
I love the golden structure on the bridge… It blends blends perfectly with the background.
I echo Eric's words above!