Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Panagiotis on May 21, 2021, 01:20:23 pm
-
Canson® Infinity Baryta Photographique II Matt 310 gsm (https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt)
-
That looks interesting. I'll be glad when I can order some to try. Thanks!
-
Thanks Panagiotis.
-
Canson® Infinity Baryta Photographique II Matt 310 gsm (https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt)
THBOMK that's not the first matte paper made/sold with a baryta coating - Harman had a genuine baryta coated matte paper several years ago, well before they were bought out by Hahnemuhle, as in when they were still owned by Ilford (and I believe produced by Ilford too). That's when they produced Harmon Gloss Fb Al 320gsm baryta gloss paper, generally sold in a black package with bright pink writing on the box. Their matte version of the paper was in a very similar packaging but they used green writing on matte packaging, instead of the bright pink as used on their gloss paper.
I still have stock of their Gloss Fb Al paper and it is definitely one of the sharpest baryta style papers I've had the pleasure of using. It isn't to everyone's liking though, as in can appear somewhat too contrasty in certain situations/image types. But it sure does show an incredible amount of detail and accutance if said details are present in the file being processed and printed. Not to mention it has a very large gamut, at least it did on my old Epson 4900 and my current Canon Pro1000.
-
Canson® Infinity Baryta Photographique II Matt 310 gsm (https://www.canson-infinity.com/en/products/baryta-photographique-ii-matt)
Of all the recent announcements Canson made, are they already delivering some of the papers?
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla
https://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
-
I reached out to Canson Infinity US. They stated they expect the ARCHES papers to arrive mid-June from France. I assume they then need to ship to their distributors, such as B&H. So my guess is 4-6 weeks for the US.
Since the papers are manufactured in France, it would seem Europe might get the ARCHES papers a few weeks earlier.
I did not ask about the matt baryta.
-Tim
-
I reached out to Canson Infinity US. They stated they expect the ARCHES papers to arrive mid-June from France. I assume they then need to ship to their distributors, such as B&H. So my guess is 4-6 weeks for the US.
Since the papers are manufactured in France, it would seem Europe might get the ARCHES papers a few weeks earlier.
I did not ask about the matt baryta.
-Tim
No sign of that yet. Distributor here has them (BFK White, Arches 88) on the webshop pages but not in stock, while Printmaking Rag is still shown on the pages and in stock.
There is an analogy to the Capture X paper distribution announced some time ago. Papers that have their origin at Felix Schoeller and distributed through Amazon.de Not available yet either. I sure would like to compare their quality to the new Cansons.
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/CAPTURE-Fine-Textured-Sample-Sheets/dp/B07Y887GWQ
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla
https://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken