Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: bgasser on May 20, 2021, 10:42:12 am

Title: Overlaminate
Post by: bgasser on May 20, 2021, 10:42:12 am
I am looking a ordering a print done on satin paper printed on a Canon 4100 Pro. The print will be mounted to an ACM material similar to DiBond and displayed in our offices. Should I have an overlaminate put on the print for protection or just leave as is?

Thanks!

Ben Gasser
Title: Re: Overlaminate
Post by: mearussi on May 20, 2021, 11:11:10 am
The obvious benefits to lamination are mechanical protection.

How long do you intend to display it? Will it be subject to people touching it, or air pollution, sunlight exposure, etc.? Will you need to wipe dust off of it occasionally? If so you'll want to laminate it. 
Title: Re: Overlaminate
Post by: bgasser on May 20, 2021, 01:33:34 pm
Thank you for your information.  Being as the print will be displayed in a commercial environment, overlamination seems to be the right way to go.

Ben Gasser
Title: Re: Overlaminate
Post by: disneytoy on May 20, 2021, 04:13:45 pm
I have printed a ton on Epson Premium Glossy. Have had excellent luck with Drytac Laminates. I love their Matte. But Have used the High Gloss and Satin as well. I find a glossy or smooth surface meld better with the laminate.

A lot of our prints are mounted to MDF panels, Laminated and are in many office and hotel environments.
Title: Re: Overlaminate
Post by: Richard.Wills on May 21, 2021, 05:01:56 am
I'll second the drytac laminate - in our case, 90% of mounted panels go out with Photo lustre uv.