Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mshea on May 19, 2021, 04:33:54 pm

Title: HP or Photo-tex removable adhesive fabric experience?
Post by: mshea on May 19, 2021, 04:33:54 pm
I have a few panos that I'm thinking of enlarging. The sizes I'm contemplating would make framing impossible. Dan Wells mentioned the HP product a while ago, and I got an email from IT Supplies a few days ago that also featured the HP, plus a similar Photo-Tex fabric which I'd never heard of. I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with either one of them and what they think of the overall reproduction quality. For that matter, are there other adhesive backed products out there that produce a high quality result.

Thanks,
Merrill
Title: Re: HP or Photo-tex removable adhesive fabric experience?
Post by: mearussi on May 20, 2021, 08:35:10 am
I've used PhotoTex quite a bit and the "reproduction quality" is OK but not great. It is a matte finish after all.  It looks much better with a glossy coating on it. The peel and stick aspect of it does work very well. But if you can afford it I'd suggest using a good canvas--the reproduction quality will be much better.