Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 14, 2021, 05:31:26 am

Title: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 14, 2021, 05:31:26 am
From a few weeks ago and just as the lockdown restrictions eased a little here in Scotland.

The weather was amazing, bright harsh sunshine, followed by deep troughs of heavy quickly moving dense clouds and hail storms, that kept repeating like waves moving rapidly across the sky around every 30 minute or so. So the trick I soon realised after missing the first trough, was to be ready and setup in the dark heavy hail part of the storm and to then start shooting, just as the current deep trough passed through and the skies began to open up to flood the foreground with side light, yet with the background still under the dark brooding hail storm clouds.

This went on repeating in regular intervals for over 3 hours and was absolutely spectacular in every direction I looked, as I started to run around (well as fast as my old legs would take me) with my tripod and camera having what I can only describe as a 'full on photo frenzy'. My nerves were tingling and humming by the time it finally came to an end.

What a day  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: francois on May 14, 2021, 08:57:20 am
A feast for the eyes! The sky is extraordinary with different types of clouds. Perseverance was key.
Hats off.
Title: Re: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 14, 2021, 11:06:29 am
Gorgeous!

And it doesn't look like easy terrain for running around on with tripod and camera.
Title: Re: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 17, 2021, 05:34:46 am
Spectacular indeed.
Title: Re: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 17, 2021, 05:41:44 am
Beautiful. The upper half of composition (minus the water) could be a compelling image in itself.
Title: Re: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 17, 2021, 12:51:08 pm
Thanks everyone and when I look at the image I posted above, I can see I didn't make a very good job of dust spotting it did I? But it's up here now, so I am going to leave it and ignore the nagging OCD part of my brain that wants me to take it down, edit it and dust spot it properly, then re-upload it  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Mamata over Marsco
Post by: sf on May 17, 2021, 12:55:47 pm
Beautiful. The upper half of composition (minus the water) could be a compelling image in itself.

That was my first thought as well. More compelling, I'd suggest.

S