Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mlondon on May 13, 2021, 01:30:23 pm

Title: Thicker Fine-art paper loading on Epson P900?
Post by: mlondon on May 13, 2021, 01:30:23 pm
Question for P900 owners:

Is it possible to load thick (but not stiff) fine-art paper such as Hanemuhle William Turner 310gsm/0.6mm (or better yet, the forthcoming Canson Arches Aquarelle Rag 310gsm/0.53mm) from the top (ie: "rear") loader?

Due to tight clearance behind my printer, using the front loader is not convenient.

If paper like this will load from the top, does the driver try to load these papers from the front feeder? And if so, how does one override the driver to get them to load from the top?

Thank you.
Title: Re: Thicker Fine-art paper loading on Epson P900?
Post by: KeithR on May 14, 2021, 12:44:56 pm
I have had my P900 since last November and print on 3 Canson papers, Platine Fibre, Baryta and Rag, all 310 gsm and I have zero issues with loading them from the top feed. I make the settings to the printer via Lightroom.
Title: Re: Thicker Fine-art paper loading on Epson P900?
Post by: mlondon on May 14, 2021, 01:16:41 pm
Thanks Keith.
Much appreciated. Ordering the printer now.

(I got burned so bad by crappy paper loading on the P800, hence the hesitancy.)
Title: Re: Thicker Fine-art paper loading on Epson P900?
Post by: Dutch_Capture on May 18, 2021, 04:13:51 am
I have had my P900 since last November and print on 3 Canson papers, Platine Fibre, Baryta and Rag, all 310 gsm and I have zero issues with loading them from the top feed. I make the settings to the printer via Lightroom.

I had no problems with similar such papers loading them from the top feed, up to A3+. With A2, not all papers loaded, including Canson Edition Etching Rag and Hahnemühle FineArt Baryte. (Having the space for it, I generally prefer to use the front loader, with setting Thick Fine Art, because it leaves the papers completely flat. It does seem to take more time, however.)