Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on April 14, 2021, 10:27:18 pm

Title: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 14, 2021, 10:27:18 pm
  (https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51116327584_a80da1e58f_c.jpg)[/url] 
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: francois on April 16, 2021, 11:38:16 am
Composition is excellent… All the different shapes play well together. I'm on a very small display but the upper part of the frame looks a bit flat (probably display related).
Bravo!
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 16, 2021, 05:48:00 pm
It works nicely for me.
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: John R on April 16, 2021, 07:45:10 pm
English countryside? Why does the right side look soft? Fog? I get a feeling of movement to the right form the clouds and to the left from the shadows. And stasis from the rocks!

JR
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 16, 2021, 10:51:50 pm
Composition is excellent… All the different shapes play well together. I'm on a very small display but the upper part of the frame looks a bit flat (probably display related).
Bravo!

the empty sky my not work..

i shot this from moving vehicle btw
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 16, 2021, 10:52:20 pm
English countryside? Why does the right side look soft? Fog? I get a feeling of movement to the right form the clouds and to the left from the shadows. And stasis from the rocks!

JR

Thanks.
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 16, 2021, 10:55:23 pm
English countryside? Why does the right side look soft? Fog? I get a feeling of movement to the right form the clouds and to the left from the shadows. And stasis from the rocks!

JR

it is somewhere on the way to or from The Pt Reyes Peninsula In Marin County CA minutes and yet light years from San Francisco.  fairly near Inverness CA where the Movie ,..."The Fog" was shot.
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: francois on April 17, 2021, 09:58:38 am
the empty sky my not work..

i shot this from moving vehicle btw

It's much much better on a large desktop display… by the way, I wasn't criticising the "empty sky" at all…
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 17, 2021, 03:39:37 pm
It's much much better on a large desktop display… by the way, I wasn't criticising the "empty sky" at all…

I almost...always second guess myself

the screenshot crop displays  the full width ..of my view

(https://i.ibb.co/F35fhVS/on-that-way.jpg)

Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 21, 2021, 09:21:27 pm
a better crop

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51131508220_2bfa5f0e6e_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: francois on April 23, 2021, 09:44:47 am
a better crop

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51131508220_2bfa5f0e6e_b.jpg)

Indeed! I like this version best! There's something dynamic in it, as if the boulder was surfing.
Title: Re: Foggy Notion
Post by: Michael West on April 25, 2021, 11:08:28 pm
Indeed! I like this version best! There's something dynamic in it, as if the boulder was surfing.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thank you.