Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on April 12, 2021, 01:52:25 pm

Title: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: armand on April 12, 2021, 01:52:25 pm
Another set shot on iPhone. As the other set, most if not all the postprocessing was done on the Photo app on the phone. A mix of jpeg and their new ProRaw, which gives you some flexibility but not as much as one might thing compared to the jpegs.

Regarding the place, same as Joshua Tree this was the second time there. Unknown to many, Mojave NP has more Joshua trees than the actual Joshua Tree NP, huge forests. So I had planned to spend few hours in one of the "forests" there. To my dismay, when I got there I saw that the entire thing burned down. Apparently a lighting started a huge fire in Aug last year, burned 44,000 acres or so. It was a very sad view. The little green island that I encountered and somehow survived the fire was tiny compared to the disaster.


1. The usual
- where the fire is not the apparent


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309163825-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164078-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164167-4.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309163838-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309163846-4.jpg)


2. The disaster


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164004-4.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164040-4.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309163824-4.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164102-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309163913-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164121-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164147-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164031-5.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164029-5.jpg)



3. B&W


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309163826-4.jpg)


(https://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p2309164098-5.jpg)

Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: David Eckels on April 12, 2021, 02:19:07 pm
Sad :( but well executed.
Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 12, 2021, 05:09:57 pm
Sad :( but well executed.
+1.
Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: francois on April 13, 2021, 06:31:14 am
Nature doesn't always produce joyful results but I only hope that this is temporary althout it's going to take considerable amount of time to erase the damages caused by fire.
I like this set a lot. I haven't been there for more than 20 years…
Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: kers on April 13, 2021, 07:34:33 am
Impressive both the nature /fire and the iPhone.
The last of the usual : impressive contrast/ coatings on that iPhone lens.
thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: armand on April 14, 2021, 06:55:09 pm
Thank you David, Eric, Francois and Pieter!
Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: John R on April 14, 2021, 09:46:37 pm
+1.
+2.
Title: Re: Mojave NP - on iPhone
Post by: armand on April 16, 2021, 01:23:53 am
Thank you John!